We like music... so there's that.

we write this shit yall

Friday, April 22, 2011

The Antlers Do it Again


guys, i LOVE, LOVE the antlers. i listened to 'hospice' more than i care to admit (i.e. if my iPod could talk it would say, "cm, if you play epilogue one more damn time, i'm out. peace, loser.")

with their new album Burst Apart coming out may 10th, i googled that ish and got my hands on some new tracks. my first hit was 'parenthesis'...and i hated it. no, seriously, i mean hate. (insert boos and jeers) it felt too hard, unnatural and electro for me...BUT, i gave it another listen (or 30) and it has completely grown on me. you know, like when you get a hair cut and fight back tears of regret leaving the salon, but then a couple of washes later you're like, "dude, this looks great". yeah, like that. may i also highly recommend 'french exit' & 'every night my teeth are falling out' (which basically salvaged my initial opinion of the album).

If you like this, check out: James Blake, Local Natives, all other Antler albums

the band previewed Burst Apart at this year's SXSW. check out 'french exit' LIVE.


No comments:

Post a Comment