We like music... so there's that.

we write this shit yall

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Helplessness Blues, ya'll


Mark May 3rd on your calendar, folks! Fleet Foxes' highly anticipated sophomore album, 'Helplessness Blues', is set to release. Though commonly known for their pop-folk sound and vocal harmonizing, this album deviates from the upbeat melodies we have come to know and steers towards a more subtle and psychedelic experience for it's listeners.

Pros: This album provides a sense of enchantment and wonder, yet maintains the signature American-folk sound. In all seriousness, these 12 tracks make me want sit barefoot on a dock, in a far removed location and feel the sun glisten on my face (which will probably lead to a sunburn on my pasty NYC skin) and wind in my hair.

Cons: Many of their tracks are quite lengthy (in the "I'm impatient, when are the words going to come?" kind of way). My advice: enjoy the musical journey and heed the advice of a very wise, and very quotable young man named Ferris Bueller: "...if you don't stop and take a look around once in a while, you might miss it."

Recommended tracks: Lorelai, Battery Kinzie, Helplessness Blues (let's be real, I would list them all if I could)


No comments:

Post a Comment