We like music... so there's that.

we write this shit yall

Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Heavenly States

The Heavenly States, a band hailing from good 'ol San Fran just released a new EP called Oui Camera Oui on Tuesday, their first album with Hippies Are Dead Records. The name of the label is enough to make me love it, but also the free single "Model Son" they are giving away is great. Mostly because I like free shit, but also because its catchy, and recalls a combination of southern rock, folksy/blues, and some sort of rock n' roll Bob Seger feeling that I might not be identifying properly. Its been a long day, here's your comparison:

listen to it if you like: Spoon but its also getting a lot of Modest Mouse comparisons from critics, I don't see it personally but I'm sure you can decide that for yourselves
Pop it on your: BBQ playlist

The Heavenly States - Model Son by The Wounded Jukebox

No comments:

Post a Comment