We like music... so there's that.

we write this shit yall

Monday, May 2, 2011

Carmen Sandiego taught Cults all they know.

Aaaaaah Cults. The as of now self released duo is the most ungooglable band in history. Until recently they didn't even have a website, and try typing cults in your search engine and getting anything not related to Scientology. On top of that, their promo images never show their faces, choosing instead to cover them with hair or paper bags. That was then, this is now. The kids are out of hiding and have been touring, ripping up the 'blogosphere' (typing that made me gag) and making fucking music videos with Emma Roberts pretending to be Brigitte Bardot. Although knowing that makes me want to stop writing this entry, Cults rock socks so, bear with me.

What do they sound like? They sound like they got ripped from the stage at the Pleasantville prom and thrown into 2011 where they just discovered color. They sound like they should be playing underground bars with fabulous people bouncing around with way too voluminous to be real hair, drinking soda pop or rootbeer floats or some shit. But guess what? EVERYONE LOVES ROOTBEER FLOATS. Except ironically, me. Check out the tracks below, betchya 10 bucks you've heard "Outside" already, everyone loves it. "You know what I mean" will Marty McFly your ass straight to the 50's. I'm sick of typing so just dig on it.

albums out in June fyi....

Listen if you like: late 50's early 60's sounding music, something that would be featured in an iPod commercial, maybe some of Dr. Dog's weirder stuff if their lead singer was a teenage girl who collaborated with Beach House or Tegan and Sara. I dont know dude I've been unable to figure out a good comparison. Let me know if you can pin it down. 

If you dig it you might also like: The Bamboos, Shimmering Stars, Eliza Doolittle,


Go Outside

You Know What I Mean

Most Wanted


and the video if you are interested: Oh Emma Roberts...

No comments:

Post a Comment