We like music... so there's that.

we write this shit yall

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A rainy day in the City And Colour

Dallas Green aka City And Colour
If any of you readers out there are anything like me, then waking up on a wednesday (when you could have SWORN it was Thursday) to rain dripping down your windowpane and a cloudy sky, sparks a sort of mellow mood soothed only by quiet music and cappuccinos. These type of days my playlists gravitate towards Bon Iver, Coldplay, and usually some repeating listens of "The Funeral".

Another rainy day favorite, though I might catch some flack for this, is John Mayer. Shut your judgy mouths and let me explain...There's something about Mayer's oozy vocals that recalls driving around in the rain singing about wonderland-like bods before we all knew he was such a fuckin' douchebag. So, I am delighted to share with you another heart stopper: City And Colour, aka Canadian singer Dallas Green (City/Dallas and Colour/Green, youre welcome) who's sound is something straight out of cute east village coffee shop.

Dallas is a Juno award winner (disappointingly, not the Juno that got pregnant but the Juno that gives out Canadian Grammys or whatever) and also sings for some band called Alexisonfire that's apparently whatever "post-hardcore" is. I dont really care, I just care that I found another croony guitar player to fill out my rainy day playlist needs. 

Check out a few of City and Colour's dreamier tracks below along with some other rainy day tunes for shits and giggles... and also because I like you guys. I like you oh so much.

Check him out if you like: Mellow guitar, John Mayer minus the pop aspect, black and white pictures of raindrops and your hipstamatic iPhone app.



Get a playlist! Standalone player

No comments:

Post a Comment