We like music... so there's that.

we write this shit yall

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Shows Shows Shows, for New Yorkers only (maybe Jersey or CT too)

Hello loooovaaaahs. Ew. Get that out of here. Anywho. Summer in NYC is the BEST for seeing amazing shows. We don't even realize how lucky we are until we say, take a train to Boston and find that the only band playing in the near future is Owl City. Yeah, the firefly dudes.

While you gag about that for a minute, use the pain as fuel to help you remember that for 10-30 dollars you could see a band up close in personal that may, by next summer, be selling out Madison Square Garden at 130 bucks a head. Now go to your laptop and think about what you've done. 

Saturday June 4:

Jimmy Eat World and Civil Twilight at The Wellmont Theatre. I mean, this is just too funny to not mention. Also Civil Twilight has this one single I became obsessed with after they used it in that weird short lived tv show last summer, Harpers Island, where everyone was killed. Terrible show, amazing song (called "Letters From The Sky"). But be warned my pets, the Wellmont is in Jersey

Sunday June 5:

Against Me! at Music Hall of Williamsburg (great venue by the by)

Tuesday June 7: 

Other Lives at Mercury Lounge

Thursday June 9: 

The Cloud Room and Washington at Mercury Lounge. - I saw Washington (aka Megan Washington) here in March and it was PHENOMENAL. Seriously her voice is like honey and angels. Go, its 10 bucks for cripes sake.

Those kids have the early show, followed by Bedouin Soundclash at 9:30. PERFECT SUMMER SHOW. CM and I will be there and I will be looking for YOU. Just kidding I don't even know you probably. 

The Dodos at Bowery Ballroom (they are also playing Music Hall of Williamsburg on Friday) - Never heard of em? Think Arcade Fire, Fleet Foxes sounding ish. 

Cults at Music Hall of Williamsburg. Sold out suckas, but you can get tics online fo' steez. 

Thursday June 16:

Givers at Bowery Ballroom. I need someone to go to this with me, if anyone is interested. 

Monday June 20:

Foster The People at Music Hall of Williamsburg (Also playing Bowery on Tuesday). In case you're new to the blog, I LOVE Foster, and saw them at Mercury a few months back. Amazing. Both their shows are sold out but its worth checking out the craigslist prices if you are around. 

Tuesday June 21:

Marina & The Diamonds at Webster Hall

Monday June 27

THE KOOKS at Bowery. There is NO reason that you all shouldn't be at this. Unless of course it starts selling out quickly, clearly my obsession trumps my recommendations. 

Wednesday June 29:

Matt & Kim at Terminal 5. They rock but Terminal 5 effin' blooooooows, and also its sold out. Do with that what you will. 

Friday July 1:

Memory Tapes at Mercury Lounge

Badfish, A Tribute to Sublime at Brooklyn Bowl. Should be interesting to say the least since it also involves a heavy metal tribute to the Bee Gees and a recreating of music by the Beatles in a reggae style. Yes. And Bowling. 

Friday July 8:

Sam Adams at Terminal 5. I've literally never heard anything this boy has done, but I've heard of him, and I needed a rapper on the list, and I love Sam Adams beer, and he's from the same town as this super weird french teacher I had in high school. Color me intrigued. 

Wednesday July 13:

Ratatat at Central Park SummerStage: SummerStage, nuff said.

James Blake at Webster Hall

Friday July 29:

Ellie Goulding at Terminal 5. 


In other news, all tickets are available through ticket master (I think? I do not work for Ticket Master) and the lineups, plus more info and a bunch of shows I left out can be browsed at the bowery website. Enjoy mateys. So I like pirates, shove it.  

http://www.bowerypresents.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment