We like music... so there's that.

we write this shit yall

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Summer Tuneage Part One



Yet another year in which we arrive here at June with no sign of our friend spring anywhere. My guess is the bitch spent the whole winter drinking with the rest of us and is still nursing a major hangover. Whatever, I don't judge. However since we've skipped right from, thank-god-its-50 to I-might-literally-be-melting, we figured you could use some summer bbq tunes to help you become one with the heat waves radiating off the pavement. Theres a little something for everything, so check out my super short descriptions for a better idea of what you might like.

Go forth and grill. 


I Go I Go I Go - The Wave Machines    < --- Peppy alternative indie pop
When They Fight, They Fight - Generationals <----- Sounds like the Cults, read: 50/60s vibe
I'll Never Leave You - Rogue Wave <--- Mellow guitar acoustic with croon vocals
Son Of A Gun - Oh Land <--- Pulse-pounding pop reminiscent of Florence and her machine
Party At The Beach House - Hoodie Allen <--- Kid Cudi compared Hoodie Allen channels 90's cali rap
Spread Your Love - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club <--- Meat grilling rock tune
Animal (Mark Ronson Remix) - Miike Snow <--- Snow, meets Ronson, meets reggae, meets remix
The Box - Johnny Flynn <--- Bluegrass, guitar strumming, ho-down with your ho-self
Easy Street - Sean Bones <--- You think its going to be reggae, then its a white dude. Whatever its beachy
The Man In Me - Bob Dylan  <--- Duh.





No comments:

Post a Comment