We like music... so there's that.

we write this shit yall

Monday, June 6, 2011

Walk The Moon broke my iPod.


Although this Cincinnati band released their first full length album, I Want! I Want! in 2010, I just found out about them... and from Esquire nonetheless. I should be fired. But, barring any veto of my blogging services, I wanted to make sure it wasn't another year until you, our wonderful readers got to experience them as well. May I introduce, Walk The Moon..


As someone with fairly broad taste in music I'm so used to sharing my tunes preluded with some sort of taste-specific disclaimer: "This miiiight be a tad too weird for you" or "You should know its a bit folky...", my friends are very specific in their musical ventures. So what i'm kind of digging about Walk The Moon is that the album sits comfortably among the hipsters of indie music, and the mainstream of a rock/pop band. Their appeal is longer lasting than most and definitely broader reaching. Their album; a general fun and diverse showing of songs you can sing (and dance) along to (even at totally inappropriate and awkward times ie: my weird subway right this morning).

The album stunner is "Anna Sun", a valid front-runner for "shit that is sure to break my iPod this summer", up there with Foster The People's new album. The song has reminded many reviewers of The Killers, but I wouldn't take that comparison too literally. The rest of the album has traces of The Strokes, Maroon 5, Franz Ferdinand, OK Go, Animal Collectives and even a little Spoon. I know, weird right?

In other new, the guys are touring with Grouplove currently, a mix that should make for an incredibly fun show. If you're in NYC they will be together at Brooklyn Bowl, June 18th and the tickets are only FIVE FRIGGEN DOLLARS. You're welcome. Now get out of here, I need a beer.


Anna Sun - Walk The Moon

Lisa Baby - Walk The Moon

Other notable tracks: The Liftaway, Me & All My Friends, I Can Lift A Car

No comments:

Post a Comment